Similar to the AD-SCOUT, the AD-SCOUT-S mount is made for putting high power glass onto a flattop style AR-15. The AD-RECON-S is a straight up scope mount with no eye relief built in. The mount was also designed to accommodate the mounting of full size optics on a short rail, usually found on scout type rifles. It is precision machined from 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in hard coat T3 Mil-Spec anodize. It features the Patented QD Auto Lock™ Lever system to accommodate both in spec and out of spec rail systems.
The AD-RECON-S mount features the Patented QD Auto Lock™ Lever system which has the following advantages:
- Does not require proprietary tools for adjustment.
- Can be adjusted with your finger or a flat blade screwdriver.
- Lever can be configured to lock to the front or the rear.
- Superior clamping surface to insure maximum rail engagement.
Materials & Construction
The AD-SCOUT-S mount is precision CNC machined from a block of 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in hard coat type 3 Mil-Spec anodize for a rock hard lasting finish.
- Precision machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum.
- Hard coat anodized for a lifetime of performance.
- Fully adjustable to fit both in spec and out of spec rail systems.
- American Defense MFG, LLC. products feature a lifetime warranty.
- Features the Patented QD Auto Lock™ Lever system.
- Made with pride in the U.S.A.
The AD-SCOUT-S mount has the following specifications for the Scope Centerline Height:
- Height w/ 1″ rings: 1.403 inches
- Height w/ 30mm rings: 1.471 inches
- Weight: 6.5 ounces