For many years AR and AK pistols (among others) were considered to be a novelty by firearms enthusiasts. The weight of the platform and the power of the .223 and 7.62x39 rounds made them impractical to use and achieve repeatable accuracy. That all changed in 2013 with the arrival of several innovative products designed to improve stability and ergonomics. With these simple improvements the platform quickly went mainstream. Among these products is the Thordsen Customs AR/AK Pistol Cheek Rest Kit.
This kit is a Hybrid design utilizing either our Standard or Enhanced Buffer Tube Cover kits and the Mission First Tactical EVOLV Battle Stock Attachment. The MFT EVOLV, and Buffer Tube Cover, are now pre-assembled in house, and mounted directly to the buffer tube using a specially designed steel bracket and adapter kit. The result is a rock solid, ergonomic cheek weld that provides stability for accurate, repeatable shooting, and a proper sight line for your favorite optics or sights.
Our AR/AK Pistol Cheek Rest kits with MFT saddles are now available with our Keyed, Extended, or KAK Super tubes.
Three overall length options are available depending on the buffer tube used.
- 7 5/8" OAL (TC Keyed buffer tube)
- 8 1/2" OAL (TC Extended buffer tube)
- 9 3/8" OAL (KAK Super tube)
If you would like to order a cheek rest kit with either of these extended length tubes simply select the option you prefer, and any additional components in the drop down windows and add it to your cart.
Our easy to follow, installation video makes assembly a snap with just a couple of everyday hand tools!!
- Mounts directly to any pistol, or pistol adapter, that accepts an AR-15 buffer tube/receiver extension. (1 3/16" threads)
- Some Receiver End plates with QD or loop sling attachment points on the back of the end plate may cause interference with the buffer tube cover when used with keyed buffer tubes. Extended length buffer tubes are compatible with all styles of endplate.
RECOMENDED INSTALATION TOOLS:
Made in USA